Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Track
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Que Pasa / What's Up?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jay0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was last night and Andy did a great job thanks Andy
Pat Barr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: frustration Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the track was hit yet again.
I think it's important to realize that this problem has been going on for years, and it is obviously getting worse. before repair, and replacement, some resonable method of prevention would be my suggestion. If nothing is done to prevent this (perhaps a trailer with someone living there) or making everything portable, it will keep happening. When I was involved with the club we would transport the equipment to a secured storage area during the winter. It was a lot of work, but we manged to keep what little equipment we had.
I have donated a one ton diesel truck, several trailers, water pumps, tanks, stands, etc. just to name a few things and not one of those items is there today. That pisses me off. Times are challenging, and the crooks are getting braver, and are working harder at stealing. Also donations and gifts of complete running trucks and items that are of some value will be much harder to come by, as the honest people are strugeling too. We all have spent a lot of time at this track working and racing. I would be reluctant to move but when I thing that we as a group in the last decade have probably lost $50,000.00 in burglary and repair at this loaction, I think It may be time to solve this problem.
Are there any options for another location that is more secure?
One that has a decent water supply?
perhaps restrooms nearby?
Lights?.
Closer to good clay rather than sand?

Karting nationaly has experianced a huge decline due to the economy, and other racing options. Albuquerque Karting also has experianced a huge decline. We have seen kart counts upward of 50 karts on a regular race night in the old days. I have heard number of 14 more recently.
14 entry fees for about 30 bucks comes to 420 bucks a night. add in the many gallons of fuel, and hours the volunteers are required to make the track surface adequte to race on, and we are talking about $500.00 a night. That is not much but its a start. I am not involved in the club anymore but I do care about it. I hope you as a club can come up with some solutions. The next indy 500 winner in the second grade today may end up playing baseball or some other stick and ball sport and that would be a waste. Good luck AKC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Que Pasa / What's Up? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: