Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 2-cycle Grand Nationals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: 2007 2-cycle Grand Nationals Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
djsmith77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djsmith77

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:50 pm Post subject: 2 Cycle Nationals Results day one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the results from the 1st day of the Nationals.
Junior 1 Light

1 Cayden Carter
2 Tyler Kleiner
3 Jerod Ballhagen
4 Jimmy Abell
5 Zachary Johnson
6 Briana Franchini
7 Tanner Allen
8 Cody Dons
9 Klein Walker
10 Lucas Harmening
11 Tanner Mullan

Yamaha KT100S Light

1 Jason Lindgren
2 Jerry Janssen
3 Kris Scweer
4 Brad Stevens
5 Kyle Heitz
6 Corey Kemp
7 Chris Brown
8 Steve Smith
9 Mark Hurst
10 Bill Rieken
11 Corey Forsyth
12 Jeremy Hills
13 AJ Failor
14 Alex Merritt
15 Bryan Nevins Jr.

Midget Super Stock

1 AJ Failor
2 Jason Lindgren
3 Steve Failor

Yamaha Spec Pipe Heavy 1 Mike De Wiese
2 Corey Kemp
3 Steve Smith
4 Kyle Heitz
5 Bill Rieken
6 Zach Ralston
7 Chris Bluttler
8 Alex Merritt

Yamaha Masters 1 Corey Kemp
2 Mike Mudd
3 Bill Rieken

Top of Page

"The New Mexico One"

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
chill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Wim late last night and Cody finished 3rd and Briana finished 6th in the Jr.1 heavy class! I heard that Frank was on the gas also but didn't get what position he came in!

There is a fine line between fun and stitches!
leighanndons

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, we got 3rd! We're very happy. The first night in the light class was really rough because they weren't calling yellows. Cody was fast, but he was spun out by another kid and they kept the race going. By the time he recovered, 1st & 2nd place had lapped him, but then he stayed with them as they went around passing the other kids. The scorers were quite confused at the end of that race.

On the heavy, we got the final race in just as the rain hit. The race director called the rain and then Cody spun out as the red flag was coming out, which led to some confusion as to whether he actually got 3rd. But the race director confirmed that he called the race BEFORE Cody spun. And then they realized that they were actually on lap 16 (should have only done 15) but they were talking on the headphones so much about the rain that the scorer couldn't break in to tell them which lap they were on...so they went to the last scored lap. Which gave Cody 3rd. Confusing, but official.

Kaylee raced the kid karts and was pretty fast, but she came across a lapped kart on the 2nd heat that took her out. And then the kart behind her slammed her pretty hard. They brought the EMTs out to check her and then wouldn't let her proceed with the race, even though she and her kart were fine. When the final heat came she was sore and gun-shy about the rest of the karts, (yes, Kaylee) so she hung back and got 4th.

Iowa is amazing. It was hot, but not as hot as a summer day in Albuquerque. The people were great. We made great friends. And the race officials actually listened to peoples comments/suggestions and improved their calls throughout the week. We would definitely do it again.

Leigh Ann
karter43

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Congrats to all Exclamation
leighanndons

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final results with ABQ ties not already listed:

Junior 1 Heavy:
1 Cayden Carter
2 Tyler Kleiner
3 Cody Dons
4 Jimmy Abell
5 Tanner Mullen
6 Tanner Allen
7 Briana Franchini
8 Lucas Harmening
9 Austin Lohman-Badker
10 Zachary Johnson
0 Klein Walker

Senior Sportsman:
1 Zach Ralston
2 Kyle Heitz
3 Mike DeWiese
4 Steve Smith
5 Corey Kemp
6 Bill Rieken
7 Chris Brown
8 Frank Mulkey
9 David Maxson Jr.
10 Bryan Nevins

Super Sports (Superbox)
1 Mike DeWiese
2 Steve Smith
3 Kyle Heitz
4 Zach Ralston
5 Alex Merritt
6 Bill Rieken
7 Frank Mulkey
8 Corey Kemp
9 Mike Mudd
10 Chris Brown
11 Bryan Nevins Jr

Kid Karts:
Jack Hogan
Cole Kleiner
Tehya Allen
Kaylee Dons
Alyssa Hills
Carson Peterson
integrityracing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at the number of entry's on the IKF web site for the 2 cycle nationals compared to the number of entry's for the 4 cycle nationals. There were 432 kart entrys at the 4 cycle nationals and 165 at the 2 cycle nationals that comes out to 2.62 to one. Thats not good for the 2 strokes, but I was told that karting is down all over.
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2009 Nationals are up for "bid". Is this something the club would be interested in again?
karter43

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
integrityracing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two years ago when Pipestone had the 4 cycle nationals there where over 700 entrys and thats the year we hosted the 2 cycle with on 180 or 190 entrys, so I say we go after the 4 cycle nationals for 2010 or 2011.
karter43

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of one company that might be interested! I'm working with them right now not gonna say case it flops, but I'll let ya know how it progresses. I say we go for Suck Squeeze Bang Spit Nationals 2010 and 11.
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
karter43

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

ASK123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, All you got to do for a Nationals is run an ad in Karter news..no biggie.

The Immidate indicator as to wether the club/facility can handle any event of that size will be the Sandia Classic Motorcycle Race. They are advertising it nationally but I have asked Dave the status and offered to help several times with no response. I seriously doubt that the ARHMA director has seen the facility since last year. I dont think these guys will settle for using push brooms to clear puddles to get their races on the track.

Keep in mind, that show has doubled every year so far and some karters were spectators at that race, for free by the way, they saw SRO with over 600 spectator cars parked and 250 riders/teams entered. The pitts were filling at 8 a.m. Saturday morning with many staying overnight and leaving noon on Sunday. This year, you have a Sunday a.m. kart race scheduled.

Trash, Sanitary, Consessions, Generator Rental, Saftey Hay bales, Fences, Security, Communications and Insurance/Bond for the city are only a few of the items that were already finalized by the middle of August in previous years. I hope this years event goes well. The Classic Race receives a lot of media coverage and is an event that brings Caplin Speedway into the public eye..use it as a growth tool. I used that Sandia Classic Race as a negotiation tool to get that roadway paved into the track...bet you thought it just sorta happend overnight. Keep in mind that road paving project was convieniently completed just in time for the Sandia event.

The world is an oyster...all you got to do is find the pearl.
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

integrityracing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That real funny because the year I went out to watch the motorcycles there weren't 700 of them, maybe a 100. The 4 cycle nationals had 18 classes this year, how many did the motor cycles have 5? So I dont beleive this is bigger than a 4 cycle national!

As far as help things are covered! The board has been in contact with the motorcycle people and things are progressing.

Oh on hosting the nationals theres more to it than just posting an add in the Karter news. You need sponsors for the Duffy's or about $2500 to buy them, then you need 2nd to 10th place trophies, you need people willing to take a week off and work! etc. etc.

This all depends on the club getting the nationals, and if IKF will award them to the club.
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Debbie Kuntze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who haven't been involved in hosting a Nationals the easiest place to start to get some idea is to call the IKF office and have them send you the check list.

This list was started several years ago when I was on the board and all BoD submitted ideas for each division and put them into a timeline to help hosting clubs know what to expect and what is expected. Time and money of course are the biggest factors Wink You need a couple of dedicated people starting the minute you decided to send in the letter that you are interested in hosting the National. One needs to be like a project manager with 8 arms and a brain that can function on several different topics and conversations at the same time Very Happy (that really helps)

But call the office first and get that list-if Pat can't remember what I am talking about, have her call me and I will get it straight or I can find my old one.
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
leighanndons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, wait wait wait. Before everybody takes off on this, we need to corral it.

Questions have already been sent to IKF (and answers received) about the Nationals.

The FIRST thing we need to do is to get a CLUB MEMBER VOTE as to whether we want to tackle this, and for what year.

I know the 2008 Nationals have already been given to Iowa, but last time we talked to them they are pretty burnt out and not really willing to do 3 Nationals in a row. So, if we want to look at doing 2008 Nationals, we need to have a special club member meeting and decide NOW.

If we want to do 2009 Nationals, the paperwork needs to be submitted to IKF by September 1, and we need to have a special club member meeting and decide NOW.

I can see waiting until 2010 or 2011 to have a 4-cycle Nationals, but we have the opportunity to put the 2-cycle one on NOW.

2010/2011 is 3 or 4 years from now...how many people can guarantee what they will be doing 3 or 4 years from now? Besides, on a personal note, you/your kids have a better chance of getting a Duffy if you/they are racing on a home track...

And Spiak, I love you to death, and would love to have you help us out, but let's make sure we also get serious club member input at this point (and IKF input, thank you Debbie!)

Leigh Ann
leighanndons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Deb - I just got the checklist from Pat:

IKF Grand National Timeline/Outline

One Year in Advance/Upon awarding of the Grand National

1. Please read in its entirety your signed Grand National Agreement. This will answer many questions or concerns that you have regarding the event.
2. Review duties of club board members responsible for various activities. Who will handle registration, event ad, hotel/race headquarters, tech, Race Director, announcer, awards ceremonies, emcee, corner workers, ambulance service, fuel supplier?
3. Designate one person as the contact for your event who is knowledgeable of all phases of putting on the event. Send contact name w/address/phone number/email to IKF Office.
4. Submit local option/regional option classes to be run at GN event to Board for approval at Fall meeting prior to event. Include weights and day the class will be run with approval request. Upon approval, promote approved classes throughout the year leading up to GN.
5. Club should start working on trophy/class sponsorship. Last year’s sponsors have first right of refusal. Contact IKF office for previous year’s sponsors.
6. Arrange to have all equipment necessary (radios, transponders/scoring system, scales, etc) available for GN dates. Radios may be borrowed from the IKF; shipping charges are responsibility of club/track/promoter. They may need to be shipped back to IKF office or another GN event at club’s expense.
7. Ad for Karter News to be submitted to the IKF office no later than March 1st of year of event for posting on the IKF Website. Note: There is no fee allowed for transponder rental at GN events.

6 Months in Advance of Event

1. Continue getting sponsors and start promoting those already obtained.
2. Check on equipment needed for event.
3. Make sure event ad is received at IKF Office no later than March 1st.
4. Decide on dinner/banquet venue and make arrangements.
5. The IKF Director in Charge and Tech Director will be appointed by the IKF Board at the January meeting prior to the event. Contact these Directors to make arrangements for their participation at the event.

3 Months in Advance of Event

1. Open pre-registration.
2. Order trophies. Trophies must be paid in full 30 days prior to the GN event. Check all trophies and hardware upon receipt; notify IKF Office immediately of any problems.
3. Check on equipment needed.
4. Ensure you have the needed pit passes/order if necessary.
5. Confirm dinner/banquet arrangements.
6. Speedway Dirt & Sprint Divisions – request the spec mufflers and pipes from the 2 Cycle Tech Committee Chairman
7. Line up announced for your event.
8. Line up corner/safety crew and ambulance for your event.
9. Approve gas and oil for 2 Cycle Event with 2 Cycle Committee Chairman.
10. Confirm post tech help with Tech Director in Charge.

Speedway Instructions

• Designate arrival time for all track officials and workers for all event days. Stick to this schedule each day.
• Registration and pre-tech to be complete 30 minutes before pit meeting.
• Pit meeting to be held one hour before hot laps are started.
• Track preparation personnel to continue preparing track during pit meeting if necessary as not to delay the hot lap starting times.
• Two sets of hot laps, minimum of 8 laps. If the first set of hot laps is used to prepare the upper groove and the lower groove with cones or discs, the second set of hot laps must always allow the participant the full racing surface, regardless what is done in the first set of hot laps.
• Ten minute break between the hot laps.
• Fifteen minute break between hot laps and the first set of heats.
• Twenty minute break between the first set of heats and the second set of heats.
• Thirty minute break between heats and feature races.
• Suggest to run the C and B feature right after the heat races and then break for the A feature.

General Information for Grand National Events

• Personnel:
Person at every gate during entire event
Runners to post line-ups, etc.
Scale Assistant/s
Flag Person
Starter
Scoring Team (Consider one person to do next line-ups depending on venue)
Grid (Other than starter)
Scales – weight, paint motors, brand tires
Fuel
Sell pit passes all day/evening long
Registration
Corner Workers
Issue/Return Pipes
Pre-Tech Team
Transponder Team
Kart pick up workers
Impound Area – mark karts, monitor area
Photographer
Story Writer
Announcer
National Anthem singer

• Equipment Considerations
Tables & Chairs for:
Registration
Awards
Tech
Grid
Pre-Tech

Lights:
Pre-Tech
Tech
Grid
Awards
Registration

90 Second Clock
Extension Cords
Develop a plan for colors of daily wristbands
Fenced tech area (Tables, microphone)
Fuel area will take twice as much space as you think
Board to post line-ups, results, announcement
Radios – be sure all necessary personnel have them, charge day prior to use
Sound System – must be available to every pit spot
Scoring Tower
Post Tech
Awards area, if necessary
Driver’s Meeting
Copy Machine
Fax Machine – fax grid sheets to IKF Office at conclusion of each day’s classes
Daily Maintenance of Porta Johns
ASK123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See...I told ya, 7. Ad for Karter News to be submitted to the IKF office no later than March 1st of year of event for posting on the IKF Website.

By all means...count me in. I have a 90 second timer and poof...were done.
leighanndons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear we have an opening for a scale nazi....remember him? One of the guys at Nationals had a sticker that said "I love Scale Nazi".
leighanndons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard from Adam. He's in.
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
leighanndons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Then I'm going to start calling YOU website Nazi...

Well, since being in Iowa of the "Build it and he will come" mentality, we thought we would see who is interested first, and then put it to a club vote.
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: