Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ASK - New Mexico State Championships
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HMS30

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: ASK - New Mexico State Championships Reply with quote

A few questions:

1) Do you enforce the IKF numbering rule (white panel/black numbers?)

2) Do you have a spec tire rule or can you run any brand?

3) Is somebody from Arizona allowed to run in your state championship race as long as they are IKF members?

Thanks!
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're looking forward for AZ drivers coming over and racing with us. To answer your questions:

1. As long as the scorer can see the number (within reason). It's always worth the extra effort to use black numbers w/white background.

2. You can run any brand tire you want

3. It depends on how fast they are...JUST KIDDING! Yes, someone from Arizona can run in the state championship as long as they are current IKF members.
HMS30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dave!

What are the entry/pit pass fees?

I have a IKF membership as does my oldest son, but my younger son does not. How much for the IKF fee and can we purchase it at the track?

Anything else we need to bring besides birth certificates?
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, you can register your youngest at the race from our registration booth. As per cost for IKF, I don't know if you can add him to your memberships! If you look at the IKF Membership forms you can add children under 18 for $10 might only be at the time you register tho, but a regular membership is 50. I hope that our IKF gov. reads this and is able to inlighten us. "Hint Hint Jimmy"LOL I hope that this helps and we look forward to seeing you guys. I know what that trip is like I did it back to back weekends in Feb., Tucson is were I got my kart setup "Colin Germain", even caught one of your races seems like a really nice track.
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory, thats a good question. I dont know if you can add on to an existing membership for the $ 10 fee except at the time of original registration.

I need to call Pat at IKF about some other issues tomorrow anyways, I will ask.

Dave, will the scorers allow a yellow plate with black numbers?
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to IKF rules, White plate Black #s. Unless your a rookie then its the red plate. Dennis thank you for taking the time to find out an answer for me in this matter.
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
djsmith77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what the rules read, but I agree with what Dave Wells stated that the numbers need to be visible enough for the scorers to see them. I have seen Jeffs karts and dont think that this will be an issue.

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You look around the country at other karts and they have some pretty cool number skeems, my personnel opionion IKF rule is boring. As long as the scorers can read it, what the heck make it pretty. LOL Did I just say pretty.
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever scored Karts with 5" numbers, you see why they need 4 # plates. And the fonts are controlled in the rules also...when you start to get way classy with graphic #'s it a bit difficult.

Hey Dennis, What puzzles me is the fact that at Nationals some guys were cheating and using yellow plates with black numbers and nobody said anything. Even more amazing is they were winning. I think Greg Jones runs illeagle yellow plates and nobody says anything to him ever....Tyler Weldon dose it also and gets away with it......what gives?

(Cory...whats the book say about that?) jk.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe no one has the b#lls to say anything from someone that just beat um or they could really care less about how he/she has there number plates. Plus this is a pretech item that should of been covered before the race and not at the end of the race from fellow racers. Wow were did I go with that one. So what I'm trying to say is if I got beat by a guy with pink # plates and green #s, I'm gonna fell like crap but not enough to protest him for that issue. Maybe I would find time to protest the person teching that day.
Doc LOL
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory, I am bustin your oranges...orange is rooike...white with black is for the rest of us...yellow with black is only allowed by multiple Duffy winners.

Gerg has two and Tyler Weldon won two in a week at the 2005 nationals.

Speaking of nationals, the 2009 Nationals are up for bid. This needs to be done by September this year. Quite a task to put one on, but very rewarding for a club to come together to do it.

Dave, What is the status of the Sandia Classic event? Do you know anything, the insurance bond needs to be submitted to the city as well as the posting of the race date as per lease?
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha making fun of the new guy huh, actually thanks learn something new everyday. My X on the back of my helmet has been gone for awhile, never knew anything about having to change plate colors till I came back this year. LOL maybe I need to put it back on!
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back in town. I had several days of no internet access and no email in Angel Fire. IT WAS WONDERFUL! Anyway, as long as the number is visible from the scorers tower is the important part. We have member(s) who have a different "number scheme" and it's fine. However, if there is a problem with scoring and there wasn't a black number posted on a white background, I guess that driver can only kick themselves. I think the important part of this question is do we discourage drivers from pulling in because they don't want to mess up their color schemes with number problems?

Is it a safety issue? Does it make the kart perform better? Does it give the driver an undue advantage over other drivers?

Anyone who wants to protest a race based on the color of a number wants to be given a checkered; not win one.

I'll talk to the IKF governor about the question of signing up the extra child after the initial registration. I honestly have no idea. Pit passes are $10.

Let's make it clear here and now...we abide by all IKF rules. For practicality sake and our desire to attract drivers from other regions and states for this special event, I have given my interpretation of the number/background color rule. This is not an excuse to debate or circumvent any other IKF rules.

Last edited by Dave Wells on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the trophies work out for this special event?
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trophies are going to be great. The owner of "Personalize It" and I came up with a great design for both the winners and 2nd - 5th places. I'll post a picture of them as soon as it is available.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for all classes?
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
leighanndons

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody - we're back and exhausted. But, I can answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can add another IKF member halfway through the season. We did this when Kaylee turned 5.

2. I don't know what the rules say, but I don't care what color the number plates are, as long as the numbering is very visible. I just need one on the the right side of the kart and DEFINITELY on the back of it.

Tired, going back to bed. See ya.

Leigh Ann
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the New Mexico State Championships will be for the following classes:

Kid Kart
Junior 1 - 2 cycle
Junior 1 - 4 cycle
Junior 2 - 2 cycle
Super Junior 2
Stock Medium
NM Superbox
Yamaha Heavy
Open
Outlaw - QRC's
Animal Medium Class (if necessary)

Someone needs to let me know if there will be any Junior-Junior karts coming from AZ. We'll need to add trophies if we can get a class going.

Also, if I have missed a class let me know.

Last edited by Dave Wells on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dave for the follow up!
Doc
Way to go all that went to nationals, I know from personell experience that Iowa is a pretty cool place once you get past all of the corn.
"The Iowa One" LOL
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
integrityracing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will answer the question on the yellow number plates with black numbers. Tyler Weldon won two Duffy
s last year at nationals that give him the right to run a yellow plate. The were a number of them at the 4 cycle nationals, so if you have won two classes or Duffy's then you have that right, if you have not won two Duffy's then it will be white with black numbers.
HMS30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for responding.

-It is good news you can add a family member half way through the year. We didn't know he'd be racing when we bought our other memberships.

-The tracks in AZ follow the IKF Engine rules, but have their own club rules, so we've been allowed to run whatever number schemes we want. I know allowing out of staters to come in and race without having to resticker their karts is nice. We've gone crazy with number schemes and ended up having to replace them before because scoring couldn't read them. We appreciate you allowing us to not have to get the white number panels.

-I also appreciate you offering to add the animal class. If I can find transportation for my animal kart, I'll be bringing it.

-It looks like you'll have 2 Jr 1-4's from our family, a stock medium we'll be dragging along, and a Jr 2-4, plus any other animal racers that make the trip.

-Does this count as a "punch" race for next year's nationals, no matter which class you run in?

Are you running Super Jr 2 or the restricted Jr 2?
HMS30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what weight classes (light, medium, heavy) will you be running for the Jr's?
integrityracing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We follow the Ikf rule book weights. Also please make sure all weight is painted white and is cotter keyed, NO double nutting is allowed.

Jimmy
HMS30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

integrityracing wrote:
We follow the Ikf rule book weights. Also please make sure all weight is painted white and is cotter keyed, NO double nutting is allowed.

Jimmy

Our tracks follow those rules too. What I meant was, is it Jr 1 Light or Jr 1 Heavy, Jr 2 Light, or Jr 2 Heavy?

Thanks!
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our region, 4a, the only classes that have run are the super junior 2 and Junior 1-4 cycle light classes. Those are the classes that will run for the State Championships.
eavenson5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
Just curious here, but why is it called the "State Championship" if there are still two IKF events to go after it??? Like I said just curious. We will see you there.
djsmith77

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that the IKF championship is a regional championship, not a New Mexico IKF champion. ASK has always had a New Mexico State Championship as long as I can remember, and on two occasions it was held the Saturday before Nationals at Caplin to give the out of staters a chance to run the track before Nationals. Little history, maybe one of the real old timers can give their two cents.

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis is correct. Don't confuse the District 4A championship point standings with a NEW MEXICO CHAMPIONSHIP. It's an opportunity for a one time shot at being New Mexico's best. The points for the race count toward the District Championship. District 4A includes parts of Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma as well as New Mexico.
integrityracing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

Oklahoma, is in Region 5 not in 4A. Region 4A is New Mexico, Colorado, and West Texas, but anyone from other regions can come over and steal the prize!

jimmy
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, wrong again. My wife just might be right about me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: