Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nationals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karter43

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ultimate "racer" project, "Albatros, get it on a stick!"

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
twolazy2p

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all crazy, I hope you realize that. Greg Lee has run the last two races here. He is now on a godfather chassis. He smoked by butt two weeks in a row. Sunday day race we both recorded 12.1 lap times. Last night he made the 11's. All this done in Yamaha Heavy.

Have you taught any of the afgans to race yet. Maybe all they need to change their outlook is a little time behind the wheel of a kart.
grjones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunica website is updated with 07 info http://www.indoorkartnationals.com/
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There gonna run flatties and animals together, animals have to run a restricter! Huh wonder how this will turn out, Jimmy isn't IKF kicking this around but not to hype on it?
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
karter43

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey steve it's Oct 13, the last I checked!
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
karter43

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oct 13 it is then!

Last edited by karter43 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
integrityracing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc

IKF will never combind Flat heads with animals, they are slowly phasing out the flat heads. I supect that at nationals next year that there will be another class of flat heads replaced with animals.

Let me give the one that plan on going to Tunica MS, the guy that came up from El Paso two races ago went last year, there were a 150+/- in stock medium 4 cycle. Now he was fast here but not fast enough at Tunica, he qualified 56, so he drove 1200 miles for 15 min. of racing. This is WKA rules so be prepaired to take new tires with you to per tech. My understanding is you show up at pre tech with new unmounted tires and they bar code them, Oh no preping of any kind on tires.
karter43

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says open tire rule on thier web site!

http://www.indoorkartnationals.com/news.htm

OHV,,, dose that mean any OHV or animal only?
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy, I'm not going to Tunica just say there website from these guys talking. Looks like to much politics to me. LOL Will be having my motor make the trip tho, so I can get it freshed.
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
integrityracing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I guess they are not running WKA rules. If not WKA rules then what rules are they going by?
karter43

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlimited All Star rules for Unlimited All Star

http://www.unlimitedallstars.org/rules.html

Hey Cory, who is doing your engine, how often do you get it rebuilt, what service do you do on it Question
grjones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunica is indeed open tire rule. Wish more folks would go to the WKA rule. I have ran WKAs tire rules...I spent less on tires vs all the doping and compounds required for open tire rules. The tire deal has put a lot of people on opposite sides of the fence. The first year WKA went to the tire rule the numbers were down but the racing was great and I did not have to spend all day doping tires...was able to enjoy the event instead of mixing, heating, and doping. Guess I would have to say I'm on the tire rule side since it was less cost for me.

Tunica is probably one of the best promoted events I have ever attended. Definitely a lot of 4 strokes and it's tough to make the main for those guys. The track did come apart on day 2 last year...reminded me of old Caplin days when we ran with the mini-sprints. Like most big races; if you can stay patient and avoid the wrecks you can move your way to the front. Got spun last year on lap 1 and ended up 18th on lap 2...just stayed out of trouble and made it back to 2nd behind Dee Paschal

I had been thinking about going the last few years and was definitely impressed with the show. Just another one of those places you have to try at least once if you get the chance
grjones

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I speak I'm prepping tires for Tunica. Looks like 858 pre enrtries; so the total entries will top out over 1600. 17 Unlimited All Stars so far so I can count on at least 35 in the class. Looks like Ralph Woodard is dusting off his old 2-stoke shoes and is pre-entered. Got my old pal Willis Colpitts coming out to wrench for me so that should add at least a couple of tenths. Can't wait for next week...either way it will be fun. Hope everyone is doing well.
Pat Barr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope you are doing well also. be sure to carry on the tradition with Willis regarding campfires, solving the worlds problems, and elimanation of stored liquids from cylindrical storage vessels. Laughing
We are doing great here, (Kyle is still up in New Jersey at school)
He is doing awesome. he has several nice offers for coop next semester. he must chose between designing artifical joints for us old guys, or working on the mars rover project. Seems like a few months ago he was thrown in the infield pond after his first main event win. Dang time sure flys
ASK123

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I thought you said Kyle was working with some new form of metal alloy of some sort to be used for the new joints. You said somthing about it being very rare or somthing.
grjones

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tunica was a blast. Did not run as well as I would of liked but anymore it's more about getting out to the event, seeing old friends and just enjoying the moment. Willis and I took care of plenty elimanations of stored liquids from cylindrical storage vessels and of course we solved all the world's problems. We will be forwarding our recommendations to the Secreatry of State and the National Security Council.

Yes my friend; how time does fly!
Pat Barr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job Greg.
When we hauled that camper to all those nationals I questioned driving all the way for a few days racing. Looking back I can barely remember a race, but I sure do remember watching drive in movies from the back of the truck while the kids chased fireflys, fishing all day, and long warm nights with a good campfire. " kart racing" is so much more than racing karts. It took me a few years to figure that out. keep up the "kart racing"
wowracin99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Barr wrote:
good job Greg.
When we hauled that camper to all those nationals I questioned driving all the way for a few days racing. Looking back I can barely remember a race, but I sure do remember watching drive in movies from the back of the truck while the kids chased fireflys, fishing all day, and long warm nights with a good campfire. " kart racing" is so much more than racing karts. It took me a few years to figure that out. keep up the "kart racing"

well put
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: