Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nationals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karter43

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Last edited by karter43 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
grjones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK,
Thanks! What is going on with the Frankenstein motor...you can never go back once you have had all that horsepower.

Dennis,
Thanks for the run-down on the race...sounds like some good racing.

Gregg
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg: As you know with this kind of power, every inadequecy of the chassis is multiplied. To put it bluntly I seriously need some OT on chassis development.

DK

PS: The motor rips!
karter43

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of handeling problems are you having Don? I'm always trawling (sp!) for more knoledge in that area.
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Just a few things like; correct weight distribution, incorrect stagers, caster camber settings and cross with axle lead a mystery too.

DK
karter43

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo ,,, what evile thing dose it do, I imagine it is tough to get in to the corners (carring a lot of speed??)
grjones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK,
For the unlimited I usually bump my rear % up to 58-59 from 56-57. Also I dial the clutch way down to keep it from being so vilolent off the corner. Usually the unlimited has so much tourque you don't need all the clutch slip.

Sometimes I have a tendancy to drive the unlimited in too deep. I have to remember to move my shutoff point up so I get a smooth corner entry. Sometimes I'm shutting her down at half straight. The stop watch don't lie and my times usually improve with that method Vs stuffing her in and jammin the brakes.

Keep posted on how it's going.
twolazy2p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people would disagree with not driving it in too deep. Seemed to work against Gibb in 2002.

Long time no hear. Glad to see that you are still alive and kicking. Especially glad to hear you are still keeping up with karting here. If your vacation ends in nov. you'll be able to make tulsa. Take a break from daytona. And just so you know I have not made the 4-cycle transformation.
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

empty

Last edited by karter43 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVE! Way over the top pal.
grjones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start convincing me why Tulsa and not FL this year. I got to race 5 days in FL last year vs 2 in Tulsa.

Should I pull the trailer out to ABQ when I get back...load your kart and meet me in Dallas on the way to Tunica. Bet you get to Dallas cheap if you book now.
grjones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...I put the picture as my desktop background. Much better than the Air Force approved background I had.
goracing19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,
If you need a reason to go to Tulsa, try this. I plan on taking Jordan to run the shootout this year. Sooo, not only will it be Adam. That will give us you, Adam, and Jordan down there. Then, If we can talk Eric out of going to Arizona we will have another. It should be a good time. We will put my 20 foot trailer in the building for all of us to use.

I hope this helps to get you to Tulsa.

Todd Mattson
Mini Sprint #19x
Mini Sprint#19X (Driver Jordan Mattson)
karter43

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by karter43 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
karter43

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by karter43 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
karter43

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

empty

Last edited by karter43 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
grjones

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last years racing in FL was in Jasper FL. WKA dropped the 2-cycles on dirt so I went to the Unlimited All Star Winternationals who had a good unlimited kart count. I believe Tulsa and Jasper had about the same number of unlimiteds (25). Difference is; at the UAS race you could run the 100CC outlaw class for 4 days with the American Kart Racing Association before the big Unlimited race.
That being said; Tulsa is the one big race I have not hit yet and I ain't getting younger. Hmmm, a chance to see Jordan run Tulsa in the Mini sprint and hang with that 2lazy2p guy. I'm thinking the scooby van might need to bug out of the big easy a day early and return to ABQ via Tulsa.
Of course I might be forced to FL for family reasons!

How is that for sitting on a fence!

Just the ramblings of a racer in need of a fix!
karter43

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

empty

Last edited by karter43 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASK123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is a new Website totally dedicated to all types of racing in the community. It has a nice clean look with many features on it including a forum and they are receptive to posting photos. Perhaps a cross link with these guys would be good (just a suggestion). I am sure they will be working with the racing consortium recenty started. Virtually all the tracks in the area are participating. Is ASK aware of this group? I was thinking of approaching them to see if they wanted to do a TV show on CCTV 27 with the new site as the hub for suggestions for the show with a true "Wind Tunnell" type of format. Perhaps an occasional show on karting with guest speakers. That TV show that ASK did was a majior exposure tool for Karting, Nick Norris suprises me by poping in an old tape of the show every now and then. When he dose, my phone rings off the hook for an hour with people asking questions.

Hopefully next week we do an in car cam in Steves Sprint car. I have a blazing fast Windows machine along with all new Mac/Apple, both fully loaded with Video and Web production software. (early Christmas presents)

I will try to contact the members that I currently know of and will post a list/revise this post after my meeting with AIK, RT66 Karting and Unser Museum.

Check out this site: http://abqracing.com
twolazy2p

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones,
Would love to go to tunica. Mississippi for thanksgiving and tulsa for christmas and new years. Couldn't ask for a better way to spend the holidays than inhaling fumes and b.s.ing with friends. I definaltley agree that fl would proide more bang for the buck, but tulsa is an event that you have to make at least once in your life. If family is the reason for staying in fl, you won't hear and arguement from me. Just a note. that the picture of tulsa is the start of the unlimited main. the kart that is pointed backwards is mike clausen. Just the way the cookie crumbles at tulsa. Of course no yellows or reds.
karter43

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm embarrassed, comparing Adam to Mike Clausen Embarassed OK, now I need a web address for Tunica!

This is all I found so far.

17th Annual Indoor Cart Races
November 23-24, 2007

Lanier James
901-367-2007

Admission is to be determined.

Last edited by karter43 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
twolazy2p

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont be to embarrased. It is not to far from the truth. We did plenty of spinning and slamming when we were in tulsa. And obviously so did mike.
grjones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Tunica link http://www.indoorkartnationals.com/ it has not been updated for the 07 race yet.

If twolazy2P works my tires, the scooby van goes, and Jordan runs the mini-sprint I'm in. Just have to work figure out how to get my foster son to FL for Christmas.

Has anyone heard from Caplin lately? I worry about the old guy!
karter43

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee was at the last race (8/4/07)... had a new kart (non Buller). I didn't get much of a chance to talk to him but, it was great seeing him again Very Happy
karter43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ Exclamation

Last edited by karter43 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASK123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I guess you can blame Greg for all this, he started this thread and it is close to 2500 hits at this time. Then agian, what do you expect, you caused trouble and the teacher sent you to sit in "Steves Corner". Then along comes the Principal and makes you wear a dunce cap.

Who wants to see pictures of former Karters that are prospering from the skills learned at Caplin. We need more parade pictures..ya...thats the ticket.

The half of the club that enjoys light hearted racing banter should say so. The half that are complaining must be doing it through e-mail, but I dont see how, I have had no luck with the club e-mail function on this site.

Ahh, public indignation, such an effective tool. Rolling Eyes
grjones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta keep the thread going until 08 Nationals until were all out in Iowa helping some folks get there 1st Duffies. Once a karter always a karter!

This forum helps me remember the freedom we have to enjoy something like racing and not have to worry about insurgents killing you and your family because you took a job in the Afghan Air Corps for $100 a month salary.

Hope the jabs back in forth between the old and new guard I see are all in jest...just go race!
karter43

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, thanks Gregg for your service and $100/month you say ,,, do they still fly MIG -19s????? How about checking that out for me ,,,,,,, just kidding, my gambler is almost as old as a 19 ........

Last edited by karter43 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
grjones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of old L-39s, some An-26 and 32s and Mi-17s. You would be amazed at how much the Afghans can do with so little. I'm working with some true patriots and good dudes here...they just need some resources. If I could have 1 month of the money we are spending in Iraq; this place would have an Air Corp capable of supporting the country.

I've got a motor, clutch and pipe we can put on for Tunica...just need the chassis.
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell Stephen to "suit up", I have to mix fuel and thats 'bout all you need, except perhaps a Subway Sandwich. Seems that after my trailer theft, I figured is was pretty much wiped out of karting stuff. Every time I open another storage shed I find more things that I didn't even know I owned.

Its like, "Gee, wherd did these 3 Buller engines come from" and "Wow, another 15 mounted tires" and cant for the life of me remember how I aquired 7 seats. I have some pipes and a 3 and 4 hole can.

The only thing I don't have is 2-AAA batterys for the guage, but I can order some in time for the race.

Racing at Caplin agian, should be interesting. Steve, I bet Dave has a corner that you can pit in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: