Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kole Caskey Memorial Race" Manzanita Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Sprints and Minis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky4566

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: "Kole Caskey Memorial Race" Manzanita Speedway Reply with quote

To All New Mexico Racers and Fans

This message came to me from Ken Caskey to day, as many of you may not know Ken and his team traveled to Hollywood Hills and Aztec to race with the New Mexico Mini Sprints on numerous occasions to help support the club and the speedways. If you would please read the message from Ken and the press release from Manzanita Speedway in Phoenix. If you can see your way clear to be involved Ken and his family would surely appreciate it. They have suffered a GREAT loss. Let's show The Caskey Family that the racers of New Mexico are with them in their loss.

Dave Snyder

Ken's message follows along with the press release.

Unless you have visited our team's website you guys would not know that my wife and I are the proud parents of Triplets. One boy and two girls. Born March 9, 2006. Kole is the oldest, then Ellie and last but not least we have Madeline.
On March 3, 2008 we went into the kids' room to wake 'em up . The girls were already playing and Kole was still in his bed. Every parents nightmare Had turned into our reality. Our Heavenly father had taken our son back home with HIM at some point in the night. I got the worst birthday present ever... as my B-day is the 4th. .
I know that we are hundreds and even thousands of miles away from what goes on back where most of you guys race.....
but if anyone has anything (team shirts, racing memorabilia) that they would like to donate please let us know. Every penny that is made from donations will go towards charity. This is not posted on this site so everyone feels bad for us.... it was posted so if any teams wanted to make any donations to a good cause.

(press release)
There is always talk about how the racing community comes together as a family when when one of their own is in their time of need. The Caskey family tragically lost their son, Kole, on March 3, 2008. Ken and Andrea Caskey have been heavily involved in racing and supportive of the racing community; they are working to set up donations in Koleʼs name. Manzanita Speedway will be hosting a night in memory of Kole Caskey on May 3rd, 2008. On this night we will have an autograph session where the Caskeyʼs will hand out over 400 checkered flags to the fans, we will hold a raffle, 50/50, silent and live auction. All the proceeds will be split between the Phoenix Childrenʼs Hospital and the Driversʼ Fund of Arizona in his memory. Also we will be doing a stuffed animal drive between now and May 10th to donate to Phoenix Childrenʼs Hospital in memory of Kole Caskey.
We are currently collecting any items and donations for this noble cause. Anything that you can donate would be greatly appreciated. Please help us in showing your support of the Caskey Family in a celebration of their sonʼs life and his passion for racing.
If you would like...... Monetary donations can be made to The Phoenix Children's Hospital in Memory of Kole Caskey.
Or in the Family Donation Account: Chase bank acct# 763178241

If you have any questions or would like to help please contact Allyson Morgan at 602-695-7392 or via email at allysonmorganaz@yahoo.com.

Thanks for your support!
Spanky4566

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that the 360 Sprints and Mini Sprints will racing at this event
Spanky4566

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be $50.00 tow money, $5.00 discount at the pit gate and the Mini Sprint pay out for the main will be doubled. There are also Hotel discounts. I know it not much, but it is better than nothing. Which is what get from other tracks!
Rolling Eyes
Spanky4566

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: "Kole Caskey Memorial Race" Manzanita Speedway Reply with quote

I was just informed that the Arizona Midgets have been added to the program. This will be a non-wing show for all classes.

Some things that have happened are that Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart and Roush Racing have come on board to supply memorabilia for the silent auction. Remember the date is May 3rd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Sprints and Minis All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: