Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regional meeting held with Aztec
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Regional meeting held with Aztec Reply with quote

Our IKF Governer Jeff Miller invited the BOD (Board Of Directors) of both clubs and our Regional Coordinator (Adam) and Lee Caplin to meet in Cuba New Mexico to discuss our plans to have a great regional series this year. Both clubs are very dedicated to giving the racers the satisfaction they deserve. Our main discussion was that each club share responsibilities on our IKF regional nights. The hosting club will supply the race director and the visiting club will supply the head flagperson. We discussed both clubs sharing scoring and tech responsibilities. If a club can not provide a person that night that can do these duties then both BOD's will agree on a solution so we can still race that night. Both clubs will allow hot laps on IKF nights so drivers can dial in thier karts. The possibility of combining some classes and changing the Jr. 2 3 hole can to a four hole can and taking off the restrictor was also dicussed. This meeting gave both clubs a positive feeling for a great season it gave me a chance to continue a friendship with some fantastic people. I feel that both clubs have an open line of communication and we will have a great regional series. Thanks again to Jeff, Adam, the BOD of Kart Canyon and ASK for a great meeting.

There is a fine line between fun and stitches!
integrityracing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like to know what classes you plan on running and combining?
chill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some talk about combining the Jr.1 2 and 4 cycle, then the Jr.2 2 and 4 cycle and maybe some adult classes. Don't worry nothing would happen without club members input and I personally have reservations about doing something like that but it is hard to call it racing when one or two karts are on the track. I think, I don't have my notes, that we are running just about the same classes for the karts as last season. Leigh Ann do you have the list of proposed classes?

leighanndons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

National
Junior I 2-cycle light
Yamaha Heavy
Open
Junior I 4-cycle light
Junior I Briggs Animal Medium
Junior II 4-cycle light
Junior II Briggs Animal Medium
Stock Medium

Regional
NM Superbox
Kid Kart
Super Junior II 2-cycle, listed as Same as Jr II without restrictor, with 4-hole can, Weight of 310
QRC Open (up to 500 cc)
QRC Open Int (125-250 cc)
Quarter Midget (age 8-17)

Local
Junior Junior
Mini Sprints Class A (age 13+)
Mini Sprints Class R (age 10+)
integrityracing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happen to Super Jr II unrestriced 4 cycle? are we dumping that class? If so you just lost 3 to 4 karts from El Paso and Las Cruces.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and one from ABQ that just put it together from the end of last season!
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
djsmith77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you run Mini Sprints on IKF nights if they are an approved local option class? If so, then there is a possibility that there could be 8 race nights that Mini Sprints could run without conflicting w/ the Hollywood Hills schedule. Two of those nights would be the Memorial Day Shootout. If not, then there are 4 nights that are club nights that dont conflict.

Dennis Smith

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
leighanndons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see if I can answer some of this with the hope that Adam will back me up or correct me:

The Super Junior II's...isn't that the same as Junior II 4-cycle light? I think all we did is add an Animal Class if needed.

I'm going to defer to Adam as to whether a LOCAL option can be run on an IKF night. I've never really understood that. If it is an option, then we need to submit this to a club vote, because the club members need to decide if they want to race for IKF points on a track that may or may not be altered by the weight of the mini sprints.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above...like I needed to invite you guys to correct me! Smile

P.S. Hi Cory.
djsmith77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill my post. Racing on IKF nights would require an IKF membership. So, that leaves 4 possible nights for mini sprints to run on ASK club nights.

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
djsmith77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leann, ignore the mini sprint on IKF night thing. As far as Super Junior II 4 cycle, it is not the same as Junior II 4 cycle medium. Super Junior II allows the removal of the restrictor plate. It is a more popular class than Junior II Medium.

djsmith77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leann, ignore the mini sprint on IKF night thing. As far as Super Junior II 4 cycle, it is not the same as Junior II 4 cycle medium. Super Junior II allows the removal of the restrictor plate. It is a more popular class than Junior II Medium. Wait I mean 4 cycle light.

leighanndons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that in the paperwork last year we listed them as Super Junior II or Junior II 4-cycle intermittently. Were they run as we were reporting them? If somebody would tell me what the equivalent is in the 2008 rulebook our intention is to submit it the same way.
chill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the people that are racing Jr. 2 4 cycle, let us know what you want to run and the club will accomodate you the best way possible. I do not see a Jr. 2 4 cycle non-restricted national class in the 2007 or the 2008 manual.

Don Kruse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Jr2 Unrestricted???????

Is this a local option class?

Maybe put them with the Jr2 Superbox 2-cycles and come up with a class with more than 3 karts.

DK
chill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know that we have limited kart counts. My guess is that we will be running the same kart classes as last year with the option to run others if the need arises.

madbrad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone clear up the jr 2 classes as soon as posible. we have both restricted and unrestricted flatheads along with animals already. we also have a sponsor that will supply us with a 2 stroke. we are still trying to decide where we are going to race next year.

thanks
Brad Downs
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Baird Racing has setup a unrestricted for super Jr 2 4 cycle, on top of there 2 smoker.
Doc
Hi everyone from Colorado
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
integrityracing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To everyone there are two sections in the rule book, section 400 and 800. Section 800 is regional classes, this is where you can find Unrestriced Super JR II 4 cycle the same section where you will fine the Super Box class. If you dont add this class you will lose 4 to 7 kart from El Paso and Las Cruces. Weight for this class is 325 lbs.
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-ha! So it is a local option class. Are these motors JR2 without the restrictors or are there more modifications allowed.

Inquiring minds want to know.

DK
madbrad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the super jr 2's are the same as an adult stocker. there is some differance between them and a restricted motor

Brad
chill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jimmy, I did not see the regional class section. I think we should put the Super Jr. II 4 unrestricted on the list. We should talk about it at the meeting next Tuesday.

Don Kruse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brad:

Do you see the Super Jr2 Unrestricted as a trend at other tracks? We talked the other day about a NM Superbox JR2 class for the 2-cycles. Seems about on par with the S-Jr2 4-cycles.

Jimmy; did your son race this last year? If so what were the lap times at Caplin?

DK
madbrad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super jr2 is popular as a local option class, but not at "national" events. Kart and WKA have jr1, jr2, and Jr3. jr3 is gold plate but not un-restricted. super jr2 from what i understand is an IKF thing and is seen at tracks that follow IKF. it's also popular among outlaw tracks. one thing that might need to be looked at is with the added animal class for this age group is to make sure people could have time to change engines between races. i know some guys at tulsa had their engine swaps doen to 2 1/2 minutes. ours was a little longer at about 5 min. but we also didn't get the motor mount tight enough during the feature.

as far as the jr2 2 stroke, if a local option class is added, how will this affect anyone that might go run the IKF nationals?

still trying to figure out where to race next year

Brad
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With IKF, local option is not at the Nationals.

DK
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, Daniel "Jimmys Son" ran Stock Medium last year adult class. Mostly the younger kids from el paso and cruses ran super jr 2 4 cycle. Like I mentioned though, I know that Austin Baird plans to run super JR 2 4 stroke this coming year.
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what we have here, are Juniors in lightweight karts with adult power. Sounds like a recipe for fun. I think the kids can handle it. I think the Juniors can handle the NM S-Box at 325lbs. as well. I would be willing to bet; NM S-Box at 325lbs. & S-Jr2 at 325lbs. would run very similar competative lap times.

I would draw the line at 4-strokes with Briggs Limited type mods and 2-strokes with expansion chambers.

DK
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - So here is the breakdown of classes:

2-Cycle:

Kid Kart
Junior Junior
Junior 1 Light
Junior 2 (something)
N.M. Superbox
Yamaha Heavy
Open

4-Cycle

Junior 1 Light
Junior 1 Animal
Junior 2 Light
Junior 2 Animal
Super Junior 2 Unrestricted
Adult Stock Medium
Adult Stock Animal (possible)

Non-Kart Classes

Quarter Midget
QRC Open
QRC INT
Mini-Sprint - A
Mini-Sprint - R (child abuse)

This might just work if we draw 250 racers!

DK
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junior junior, I believe is 4 stroke. LA correct me if I'm wrong, cause I know you guys ran that last Memorial Day.
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
TIM BAIRD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I don't think we should change anything in the JR2 2-CYCLE class. I have been working on 3 karts & setting them up the same as we ran last season, it would just cost more if we start changing things now! As for the 4-CYCLE class, we plan on running the SUPER JR 2 un-restricted class this season, the kart is almost together. What about the Super Nationals car show, is there going to be a booth, if so Austin would like to display one of his karts there. Please let me know what is going on!

Thanks, T.A. Baird
leighanndons

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop, my head hurts!

The next meeting is next Tuesday. Feel free to discuss whatever you want to on the forum (that's what it's there for after all), but we will NOT be making any changes based on forum conversation.

Please be at the meeting on Tuesday and it will be voted on. Sorry that you won't be able to attend, Brad, but we will keep in mind that you are interested in the outcome.

Thanks!
Leigh Ann
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: