Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini Sprints at ASK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djsmith77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Mini Sprints at ASK Reply with quote

Well the schedule for Hollywood Hills is out, and there are 9 mini sprint races. So, if the mini sprint club wants to run Caplin as non point races, then why doesnt ASK allow Mini Sprints to run as a club division, create a seperate points chase, and award trophies for the division at the awards banquet. It would be a requirement for the racer to join ASK to qualify for year end awards, and might help the club w/ racer counts. As long as the race nights dont conflict, spec tires are run, and non-wing, all should be well.

Dennis Smith

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. Our schedule is set, isn't it? If they want this racing as a regular addition to the Hollywood schedule than I see it only as a positive for them and us.

DK
Jeff Miller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: two entries each night Reply with quote

I agree with the idea. The only nights they would not be able to run would be the IKF nights. The next question is insurance and how does that work. I know we will run the superbox go kart and the mini sprint if ASK adds this. I also think ASK should look at the four wheelers more and see if they could not have a race night. Kind of turn the track into a racing facility. Remember though, ASK is a club and the board will need alot of support from the members to pull off all racing events. We have another great board for ASK in place so let's everyone support them! It will come back to each racer in the long run.
chill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to personally invite the mini-sprinters out for another great year of racing! I have already sent our schedule to Joe (Thier President) and I am hoping to hear back from him. If all you mini-sprinters want to do a points chase I am all for it. All we have to do is put it to a motion at the next meeting so the ASK club members have a voice and can vote. I am also wanting to get ahold of the quarter midgits and ask if any of thier club wants to race in the dirt at ASK. If anybody has any contact info for them I would appreciate you sending it to me. There is also a dirt track motorcycle club forming that may want to practice/race at our facility on our off nights and they may have the quads that want to show up. I will let you know as I get more info.

Charley Hill
ASK President
797-2353

There is a fine line between fun and stitches!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: