Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Track Vandalism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Track Vandalism Reply with quote

I just received word that our track was vandalised. I haven't seen it but apparently the electrical boxes were hit, there is damage to our lights and possibly to our trucks. I will go out this weekend to see how much damage there is.

There is a fine line between fun and stitches!
integrityracing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charley

Who reported it?
chill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chris (don't remember his last name, sorry)went to the track and found the problem. I think the vandals took all the wiring they coud get their hands on.

Don Kruse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is terrible news. Without insurance we can only hope to try to solicite donations. I will draft a proposal immiediatly to get in the hands of local businesses. We should include copy of the ASK CD with every proposal.

Let us all get together on this so we can repair the damage and rebuild it so it won't happen again.

My e-mail is

krusecashreg@earthlink.net

any suggestions are welcome. Send me your e-mails and I will send the draft proposals for your suggestions.

Don
Jeff Miller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: replacing the wire Reply with quote

This is a typical steal the copper wire. It is going on all over the US. I am not sure on the fix becasue if we replace it now, the people that took this are probably waiting to steal it again. I don't know of a way to prevent that. Does anyone else have a suggestion on how we can do the repairs and provide security so it does not happen again?

I think we might want to contact the news stations and see if they will air a story about it. This might help getting some businesses to kick in dollars or provide the equipment to help fix it.
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has a police report been filed? If not I could do it.

Don
Dave Wells

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a contact that used to work at channel 7 news. We're working on them to cover the story and possibly drum up some interest/support from local businesses. I'll keep the forum posted on how that is going.
chill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,
Dave Wells, Wim Dons, And myself went to the track today, filed a police report with the open space police, and paid for our lease with the open space. The track's electrical wiring from the boxes to the tech shed, the flagstand and to the sign up shed have been stripped, some of the wiring to the light trees has been stolen. The water truck's radiators have also been stolen. I have been assured that we still have our water pumps and our radios in a safe location. This is a big blow to the club but it is NOT GOING TO BE THE END OF OUR KARTING THIS YEAR! If we rally around this club, get organized, and find some businesses to help, we can be fully operational by the time we start this year's season. I noticed that our water hoses are still out and need to be stored and hopefully we can do that by this weekend. The track itself is in suprisingly good shape with only a small amount of 4 weeler tracks on it.
I would like to wish everybody a happy new year!

chill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be having a meeting tomorrow at noon at the track so everyone can see the damage and offer ideas on how to get back on track for this years season. I hope to see you there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: