Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never raced, have questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Que Pasa / What's Up?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tal3721

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Never raced, have questions... Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have never raced anything. I am interested in getting into racing and have no idea how, honestly I am just assuming that go-karts are how to get into racing because they are small... Is there even an adult class for karts? how much does a competetive kart cost for adult classes? How much does it cost to enter a race? do you need sponsors? Can you rent a kart for a race to see what its like? when are races in ABQ and where is the track to come out and see what its all about? How much does all the safety equipment cost? Sorry if some of these are dumb questions but I litereally have never even seen a race. Any info would be much appreciated, feel free to dumb it down, I will not be offended.

-Paul
tal3721

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have AIM, name is tal3721, but I am never on, you can email me at tal3721@hotmail.com or reply here or email me and I can give you my cell to text me. Or just let me know when to be on AIM and I can get on. -Paul
ASK123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

We have never met but I would like to welcome you to the sport of Karting.

As far as general questions about the sport, there is a monthly club meeting scheduled for Tuesday Aug 30th at 8:00 PM @ Albuquerque Indoor Karting
5110 Copper NE

As far as used equipment, I am retiring from the sport and have a full 2 stroke KT100 setup adaptable to any class that races at Caplin Speedway from Jr 1 to Adult.

I would be glad to share any information you may want to know, as I remember when I first started in karting, my head was spinning. (so was my kart the first time out)

Call or E-mail at any of the #'s or addys listed below for info (or just for 15 years of race stories.) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Que Pasa / What's Up? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: