Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good racing even w/ tough conditions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djsmith77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Good racing even w/ tough conditions Reply with quote

Some great racing action on Sunday in the 90+ degree heat. Congrats to all of the main event winners, it was a dry slick one groove track, but there were some really great main events. The junior II 2 cycle main was great to watch as at one point karts were 4 wide on the front straight with 2 laps to go. Great to see so many out of state karts show up, sorry that we didnt get to run it on Saurday night, but that storm was recorded dumping at least 1" of rain there at the track. Also thanks to everyone that contributed to the "Fill the Helmet" drive as we collected 170 dollars to go to helping out a fellow karting family.

Dennis Smith

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
djsmith77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Was that Spencer's 1st main event win? Reply with quote

Also, was that Spencer Hill's 1st main event win? If so, you better bring some dry clothes for the next race buddy. Way to go Spencer.

Dennis Smith

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
ASK123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great turnout Saturday night, we lost a few racers for Sundays event but still a decent kart count.

As much as i dislike day races, Tim Golden did a wonderful job on prep and recovery from mud puddles on entry/exit areas. I fugured that it would be a dustbowl but after initial watering, Dennis' repeated light sprinklings by hose was just what that track wanted so as to provide a very nice surface with no dust. (good call)

It was good to see many old friends at the track, especially the Heavy/Unlimited class with Lee smokin that Main.

Interesting to lay off from Karting for a while and then come back and get to watch the improvments the Juniors have made. I certianly had a good vantage point in the flagstand and enjoyed working that position as all track workers were in harmony, we did that whole event with no radios and actually didnt need them. Thanks to all who helped. The amazing thing is Leigh Ann only wanted to kill me once during the whole event!! Just kidding, everone worked well together.

I hope the out of towners had a good time and will return soon, especially those QRC boys, they put on a good show and i suppose it be even better with a larger field of them.

Dispite the rain, that was an overall fun weekend at Caplin. I enjoyed it.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a great track and a great weekend, although long. I finally found some type of setup for day racing. LOL Wow that boy from el paso is fast. Well like I said it was fun except for washing my truck and still getting the mud out of place I didn't think my truck had. LOL
doc
Dennis and Dennis Thank you both so much for the great help you gave all weekend long, it is greatly appreciated from all of Us. Lee I can't leave you out that was one of the best trophy presentations I have seen yet.
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
integrityracing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that boy was fast, he got lucky and found the right set of tires, Maxxis HT-3's.
HMS30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about the #77 from El Paso, that wasn't luck.....he and his crew are just dang good. They tend to only need a couple of times on the track to get their set-up dialed in.

Last time I raced him I ran my fastest laps ever....he beat us by a straight away on our home track.

Did his teammate race in the Jr 1-4 class?

When will the results be posted?

We're looking forward to visiting your track.
Driver Adult Kart #30 (Animal, Restricted Animal, Flathead)
Crew Chief Jr 2 Kart #18
integrityracing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one in the Jr I 4cycle and he finished 3rd and there was one in Super Jr II and he finished 2nd. Ya he was fast we were about 4 kart lengths behind in the main until the tires went south then that was all she wrote. He managed to lap all but one which was my son, and on the checkered flag lap he caught him, with one more lap he would of lap the entire field.

I sent the point in to IKF this morning so I dont know how long it will be before they post them.
ASK123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify a flagging call at last Sundays event. The Jr I 's main event was recorded as the finish order in lap 14 after a white flag was displayed, some may not understand this and perhaps Jimmy can clarify the call to end the race at lap 14. Jimmy, can you help here? Some may not understand.

Thanks.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what was the finishing order JR1 4cycle yes. If so did Justin Awe get his postion back for finish ordering?
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
integrityracing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have found the ruleing about the flaging sitution I have to say that we were incorrect. I wont quote the rule but if any one wants to read it, it is rule #407.10.2 From now on we will ahear to this ruling, but what that means is that we need someone to count yellow laps for the 2 cycle and for the 4 cycle we will stop them on the front straight and line them up.
leighanndons

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were definitely counting the yellow laps. Did you guys know that Junior 1 4-cycle only got 4 green flag laps during each of the heats? They ran out of laps because of the yellows.

Another argument for SLOWING DOWN during yellow flags. Not only is it safer (I saw a junior kart almost take Dennis Smith down), but the laps don't get eaten up as quickly.

Leigh Ann

P.S. I read the rule, Jimmy - this is basically the way we've been doing it, so I think we're good. Thanks for checking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: