Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Group!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Que Pasa / What's Up?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Hello Group! Reply with quote

Well due to certain Health issues in my life as of late, I've been told to take stressors out of my life! Evil or Very Mad Here is where I would normally laugh, but this was not a laughing matter! After reading everything here I would like to just say a few things NOT really negative more food for thought! I realize it is the club running the IKF races, but it is the IKF Members racing the event! If there is certain people that canít be present per say track prep or scores or whatever the case may be, Iím sure it can be handled! If the board canít be present that evening that is what the race Director is for anyways!
I feel that the IKF Members have the right to know what is going on and why such thing is taking place with the schedule! For those that are attending nationals, step into their shoes and understand where they are coming from! If you are expecting anyone from out of state to come and then turn around and head to nationals or vise versus thatís a lot of traveling in short period of time.
This is just my opinion but look at it from outside the box not just inside the club box!
Sincerely,
Doc
Not to worry though I have been cleared to RACE, but not drive a Car yet!!!!!!!!
OK Now That was Funny!!!!
Twisted Evil
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory,
Good to hear that you are up and about. Kinda had me worried for a bit but you are a fighter and I knew you would bounce back.

Hang in there...see you at some track, somewhere, soon.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel, Thank you for your concerns! Bounce right back well that Iím not, but nothing that is going stop me Hopefully!!! I was hoping to get a response back on the issue of the IKF race that canít happen in August! In baseball and football Iíve heard of home towning, maybe thatís what is happening here?
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
Tammy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Cory you can wait till our CLub votes on what way they are deciding to go. Many things have happened this year with many different tracks. Things will be annouced on Wednesday and first IKF will have to approve it. Funny how interested everyone seems to be in something not happening for awhile. (summer) No one is ever happy. First its why can't Cruces get approved and then we get it approved and have to give IKF some kind of schd. and people freak out for no reason. Normally the IKF schd. is not turned in till the end of Feb. but since we need to get Cruces on the agenda we had to turn in something. Also there is issues of other tracks in the air. Again if people want to know before it is put on the forum go to the meeting. Otherwise then those will have to wait till IKF and the Club approves it. It has always been that way and maybe if people communicated with each other instead of talking about things or to the wrong people then more people would know things. Like the priest said today in mass, "people will have to live with what they have said and done". Basically you don't like the way I am doing it then next year get a President you all like. Or maybe call and communicate. This is not just for you Cory but for everyone who keeps complaining and I keep saying to call. "Did anyone every say there would be no race in August"?
Tammy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also everyone reading this please go back and read what I previously said under IKF Schedule about the agenda. However remember it says everything is temporary until the vote happens and approval.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess if you choice to run the race on the 23 July, because of this mysterious issue that the club will have to vote on the IKF Members that will be supporting your track will decide to stay home after cruces and not support ASK! If the teams that are going to Nationals are not gonna want to do that much traveling in back to back weekends, so aren't probably gonna come for the rest because they won't be able to run for the Championship!
My opinion but easy remedy would be to just tell us what the issue is! This way the racers from outside ABQ would understand why the schedule may be the way it's gonna be!
Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
Tammy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGAIN that was just a temp thing to get Cruces schd approved things are not set in stone. As far as I know we also try to schd. everything around important events so everyone can attend. No matter how many different ways people ask I am not putting the info on the forum until the Club as voted on it and IKF approved it. Not sure why again people can't seem to understand it is done this way every year. So look at the forum by the end of the week and everyone will have there answer. (if you don't attend the meeting) Not sure how long it will take IKF to update there info once it has been voted upon. If you have any more questions Cory feel free to call me but for I am done till after the meeting.
Dirttracker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tammy, Rule #1 for people in our position. We can't make everyone happy ! #2 DO what you have to do for your track, If people choose to go to big events, thats their choice to work out their own schedule, not the tracks. #3 Come on Cory, unless this is directly affecting you, don't give a hard time to those behind the scenes that are volunteers that make the best possible decisions for there track and racers. #4 This is karting and have fun, we race for plastic trophies the majority of the time.

Russ
chill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory, your doctor is right...take the stress out of your life, stress is the biggest heath problem of all. One way to do that is to not stress over things that you cannot control. another way is by not inducing unwarranted stress on others. It makes no sense that you would be trying to get involved in something you know nothing about or to even worry about it. I have been around you long enough to know your personality and to know how passionate you can be over other peoples issues. I also know how fun it must be to feel a sense of control you must feel when you are writing posts that are specifically trying to entice a public argument.

Times are lean in the karting world. this is the time for all of us around the country to promote the sport, not to tear it down just because you think is fun to do.

Tammy asked you to call her, I will not make that offer, I don't have the energy to waste.

Everyone, please come to the club meeting tomorrow night, not for the board...for the club.

P.S. Russ...Thank you for your post, You have brought clarity to these issues...

There is a fine line between fun and stitches!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Que Pasa / What's Up? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: