Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cruces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Que Pasa / What's Up?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tammy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Cruces Reply with quote

I am sorry to inform everyone but IKF has not approved Cruces has of yet. I am not sure why someone put that info on our forum but since they have not responded to me and I have been dealing with the IKF office I do know that to date they are not ready. It is not sure when they will be ready there are some things that need to be handled first. I am hoping once they are ready we shall work together with our schedule and there's to have IKF events.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be pretty hard to schedule IKF events with them seeings how their season is done before Albuquerque Starts!!!!

Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
Tammy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we can get something going with them if it all works out. Maybe March and April who knows even February. I think the ones that are ready would love to start now.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was wondering if we could get an update on Cruces being IKF? Couldn't find the website for the kart track in Cruces, maybe being region 7 I should call IKF and have a chat with them because we don't have an Arizona Governor or Speedway Coordinator! Maybe beings that we have several people from Arizona that want to run IKF in New Mexico we should have someone to represent us also!

Doc
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
Tammy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of Friday they are not ready yet. I will be getting a call once they have been approved. However I have not heard from John as to what dates and such he is thinking about so hopefully he e-mails. For Phoenix I do not know the answer to that but I always say when all else fails call the IKF office. The ladys there are great and very helpful.
chill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory, I think you are being enthusiastic, but you are sounding a bit abrasive and possibly confrontational...You know the 4A Governor very well...Why don't you ask Tim to answer your questions about Las Cruces...Or call John D. himself. I think we all want to race in Cruces whether they are IKF or not....
The call to IKF is free but I think the preferred way from IKF is that the karters go through the regional governor as a communication link and or the regional coordinator who serves as an interface between the region and the IKF office. since this track is clearly in 4A that would be Tim or Tammy.
Here is Southern New Mexico Speedways link
http://www.snmspeedway.com/kartschedules.php
your best bet would probably be to go to their forums under kart and ask for more information...
It was great seeing you out at the classic... and cograts again w/ graduating out there at school...

There is a fine line between fun and stitches!
mrg29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there to race today and during the drivers meeting they said they had all their paperwork as well as money sent in and were hoping to run races in Feb, March and April (I think they said those months). I am from Tucson not NM just passing along what was said today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vinc3nt trujillo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it sounds like Cruces is going to happen thats awesome. Would just like to know a definate schedule to start getting ready for that track Very Happy . Febuary is right around the corner March is not to far off either. Will info be posted here? Thanks in advance.
Crew Chief #51
mrg29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said they would have updates on their site soon. I would check their message board, seems like the website focuses mostly on the big cars not much on the karts. I think their president is Headwrench on the message board, not 100% sure. Track was a blast to race at, nice and fast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I’m sounding that way well maybe cause there is concern from Racers and others that see what is going on!!!! I know that there are people that want to race IKF in New Mexico from Arizona and have been told not to waste their time!! I talk to people also Charlie and I’m sorry for my concerns and others for Region 4a and for what is happening to the karting in New Mexico. My concerns have been voiced, not only by myself but by others in New Mexico and Arizona to the IKF Region 4a Governor. What is happening there makes a lot of us feel very at ease for the future of kart racing in New Mexico and at Caplin Speedway! Our deep down hopes are that the issues that are plaguing the Racing and Clubs are fixed and ratified. I have been around karting for a long time and have seen these issues before, but they will weed themselves out but not before a lot of good people and tracks have closed their doors and moved on to different Venues. So if you think I’m just talking smoke and don’t know what I’m talking about look at the numbers! Some may say it’s the financial woes that are still plaguing us, but look deeper than that and you can see and hear a lot more.
I know that as people have been reading this they are shaking their heads in agreement. I have seen a lot and busted my Butt for that track/Region and I don’t want to see it go to the wayside! So if that means I need to ruffle some feathers, well that’s exactly what I can and will DO!!!! I know that this post may not last long, but hopefully this may get the message across. If you want Hinkle Family Fun Center it’s across town and you can take your family there, but for us that want to race and not deal with BS this hopefully is a wakeup Call!
To my friends and Race Family in New Mexico and Arizona, you know that my comments and intentions are not to destroy but are to make karting what it was and what can be in the Future!
Sincerely,
Cory Doc Flint
BedRock Racing #22
Evil or Very Mad
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
Dirttracker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down Cory, Currently Arizona (region 7) has no interest in an IKF event, at least not at AKA.

No offense to IKF, just no interest from racers to become IKF members.

So if your thinking of becoming IKF Region 7 coordinater, good luck. JMO

Let 4A do there thing and the racers will go if they want.
mrg29

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't keep up on this IKF stuff so Im not really sure what is going on here and everything. Tucson is also a IKF track, no idea what region. We have no plans currently to host a IKF race but I am not opposed to it if it helps out karting. Again I am not up on whats going on so I am not trying to get Tucson a race if it is something that messes you guys up but we are open to the idea.

We are having a "special" race June 18th, it isnt a points race and are trying to have it open tire, will know soon about that we have a meeting next week. Reguardless of what goes on IKF wise we would love for some of you to come down. If scheduling permits we would love to make it back to Alb. for the State Championship this year, last year it conflicted with our schedule so we were unable.

Mark
2011 TKC President
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ I total understand the view point of AKA not being IKF and have no problem with that! I love coming out to AKA and supporting the track, I'm not a club member but would go out and do whatever maybe needed to help AKA.

As for IKF Arizona Region 7 it actually has quite a few IKF members in it and with the Newer 1 day membership pass people are wanting to see new tracks and travel as a family!
But when I come out to AKA and people approach me because they know that I'm from New Mexico and they ask me what is going on over there? What am I supposed to say! I had a group of racers come up to me and ask me who a certain individual was! I explained to them who he was and asked why? They explained to me that they were going to travel to ABQ to race IKF, but that individual told them not to waste their time it wasn't worth the trip! Now this group would have brought several different classes and age groups to that race, instead IKF and Region 4a lost out on it!

So like I said what I’m I to say to the racers that keep karting and clubs going, when I hear stuff like this?
Sincerely,
Cory Doc Flint
BedRock Racing #22
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
Dirttracker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats a bummer that someone stears people away. I am all for more karting. BTW AKA is IKF sanctioned. Just extremely difficult to get racers to sign up for IKF membership. Last time i talked to IKF about AKA being a regional track, and being included in a regional points race, they recommended we cross bounderies and go with 4A. Maybe that could be something Tucson would do. Tucson would be more convenient for New Mexico drivers, at least thats what I was told. The Arizona State series this past year pretty much told us that most Arizona racers don't want to do much but stay home and race. Those 2 track (AKA, TKC) make up region 7, and if folks dont want to travel at those 2 tracks, well. Sad to say the least.
chill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory, I want you to know that we share the same concerns over karting in region 4A and even karting in the Southwest…I have personally grappled with it ever since we have been in the sport. Your observations are valid, karting in 4A needs rejuvenation and there are things that everyone that is associated in the sport needs to work on to make karting successful.

Karting is complex when you think about it… You have an overall organization (IKF in this instance), that is broken up into regions (Governors and Coordinators), then you have the separate clubs in the region ( local board members), and then you have race teams.. and of course the race teams themselves are stepping up to do the volunteering to run, organize and coordinate all of the above. When you are working an organization from the “bottom up” like this it is much harder to organize and much easier to have conflict in the organization. I feel that these are the issues that are plaguing us. I have seen individual teams work great together with each other on many occasions but I have also seen the same teams come apart on race night and race season. Basically it is a no win situation for a club to be successful because whoever is part of the board is directly competing with the rest of their class on racenight. Competition in itself leads to a club being split just by the definition of competition.

If you really want to help karting please go to your club meetings that decisions are being made and make your voice heard…research what will help karting, not just your team, and get behind your own ideas to make them a reality.

By the way, I have told people in the past not to come down and race 4A before… just as I have been told not to go to other races or series before…It is frustrating to see animosity at the track, any track, but people seem to thrive on it so if you race, you will see it…whether it is in 4A or 7 Phoenix, Tuscon, Caplin, Newton, or Cruses.

I think it is cool that 3 tracks in the Southwest are talking on this forum and that makes me feel like we can solve problems that karting in general has… Thanks for your input Russ and Mark it is great to hear from you.

Vince,when Las Cruces is IKF sanctioned everyone will know as soon as we know...

BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to go to club meetings when all that happens is bad mouthing one another!!! When you get people that are out to help the club and they get chased away because it doesn't favor certain race teams, well what are they supposed to do!

You have people that are willing to help and KNOW what they are doing and they get nothing but shafted! You have people that are doing things that they are better off not doing!

Caplin could be the best track in the southwest but in my opinion it is under Poor Management and needs the help of those that know what their doing have done it in the past! But until you solve the internal issues of the Club this will not happen! You also need to find a race director again that is in charge of the race days and that has the you know whats to run it their way and not what the Board tells them to do on race day! This is what I was doing and I was chased away so fast that it made Heads Spin!

Doc

Also why would you ever tell someone not to come race in 4a especially if you are the Vice President of the Club? You are supposed to be one of the Faces of the area and that don't look good!
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
chill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory...Tell me how you really feel ...

Tell me one thing...how is your rant helping anything especially when you are over there and we are over here? If you really cared about Caplin you would drag your butt over here and straighten us all out...

Last year there was a small percentage of folks that kept Caplin open...I told people not to travel over here because of the people that decided to quit Caplin last year...from experience it is very difficult to travel long distances to race against one or two other drivers. call me crazy...

This topic, views, and ideas that I am throwing out are mine and mine only. these views have nothing to do with the board of directors.

ASK123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLAY NICE EVERYBODY

To all that post on the forum. This is a friendly area for people to speak about racing and inform all of different things going on. There will be no bashing or attacking of others. Please remember we have kids that read this site. Please make sure everything is age appropriate. We do not want to close it down.

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
ab79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's kinda funny is that all this stuff said not only negatively impacts both ASK but also IKF too. Then after that also it is listed under Crucas. So that also hurts them too. Then with both Phoenix Las Crucas and Tucson people both commenting and looking I'm pretty sure ASK will just end up digging its own grave. What will fix the problem? Well try rather than crying at each other how about step back relax and put your negative effort that either makes people leave into something that isn't to try to boost your ego over the internet. And that goes for a lot of people and even myself at times. Just thought I'd put a long post too.
integrityracing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: eee Reply with quote

+

Last edited by integrityracing on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
ab79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should look at the over all racing and directing to start with. At the Holiday Classic 19 of us managed to race in the Yamaha Heavy class with only 1 caution and we were told no blocking and only clean racing and I did have a nice run going and managed to hold 2 great drivers off by running my own line. Then what was really good is that after the race everybody shook each other hands and just sat there talking at the scales and laughing and having a good ol time. But then we can barely get a 3 to 5 kart class here in with out a problem. So how about rather than running a night late with all of these pointless drivers meetings lets just all Nut Up, Shut Up, and Race like real racers and show we can do it. Maybe we can bring ASK out of the hole its dug into and get racing back to what it should be around here.
Or we could just complain and get nothing and have nothing left after a couple races. Thats just a fact not an opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Que Pasa / What's Up? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: