Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has IKF gone too far?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Has IKF gone too far? Reply with quote

I notice on the cover of the IKF rule-book that they list the tech specs for the dimensions on a Duffy. If you win a Duffy and it dosent meet specs, dose IKF face some sort of penalty for an illegal trophy? Embarassed

Not that it would ever happen to me but... If I got a Duffy, first thing I would do is have it inspected at a local Trophy Shop! Laughing
ab79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, I'm going on a wild guess, but maybe IKF doesn't want the bigger tracks to put bigger trophies, money, etc. on the line, and make more racers come, but keep a sportsman like race for the intentions of racing.
leighanndons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's for safety reasons. If Duffys were any bigger, then they would be even heavier, and people would get hurt trying to carry them around. Smile

LA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: