Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WB3A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinc3nt trujillo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: WB3A Reply with quote

Who knew that you can lose your hair, trying to finger out this little mechinism! Mad

The settings that my son & I ran last year you can throw out the window. What were running this year is a total 360'. Just curious on what can cause this? Were running all the same stuff as as last year, meaning fuel spark plugs etc..

Oh yeah were running alright, there's room for inprovement for this crew chief! Rolling Eyes I guess thats what i get for reading my notes. Confused
Crew Chief #51
djsmith77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had the pop off set this year? What about installing a new kit? The diagphrams will eventually get too soft and mess with the carb settings as well. Under the bottom cover is a little screen is there anything blocking it?

"It's not what you leave this earth with that matters, it is what you leave behind"
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good points Dennis. As soon as the KT starts acting up go straight to the carb.

Pop-off 10-12lbs. (lots of different thoughts here)

Spring Height .045" above the gasket. Careful not to bend the arm when changing the diaphragm.

New pumper every three races if the black rubber type. Lately I have been using the beige phenolic type only because I had a pile of them. Seem to work just as well and last longer too.

Always check the carb stop. Have seen them get bent allowing the baffle to rotate past center closing the carb down.

Replace the pulse hose when they get hard.

Clean, clean, clean!!!!

DK
ASK123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, I have the same conclusions as both Don and Dennis. In a Can class I have always used a Pop of 10.5 and .045 fulcrum height. Note Dons procedure of the gasket placement as you do fulcrum. Also note Dennis' observance to those little tiny screens as they are so easy to pop out and clean. If you loose your pulse line in any way due to loose fit or cracking, your gonna stick the piston in only one lap.

One area that gets overlooked is the brass throttle pin that the butterfly attaches too. Dirt tracks provide a lot of abrasives in both ends of the shaft causing major air leakage and your carb settings on the needles goes all over the place.

Lots of stuff on the net about wb3a's.

http://www.ekartingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=78939&sid=67dffb42770d0bae6c945ccf8cc3fe7e

Good Diagram:
http://cometkartsales.com/store/carbs/walbroya.htm
ted tucholski

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop off 10 lbs winter - 12 lbs summer. On fulcrum height I heard several things in this post. I always set the fulcrum height using the .030 gasket in place for a total of .055 to .060 height. How this height is measured is important also. I use an ENCO digital depth guage and I set the fulcrum height to the depth at which the carb will pop under the pressure of 9 lbs.
vinc3nt trujillo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you all for your info. Idea
Crew Chief #51
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some good advice:

Forum Veteran

Pete_Muller
Re: KT-100 Temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
.....You want to give it as much fuel as possible without it being too much. Basically, get it to 4-cycle, then back up until it doesn't.

That's true down at peak torque, but 2-cycle engines won't rev well unless they're fairly lean on top end.

It's definitely "safe" to tune it just off a 4-cycle, because you do want it very rich at lower revs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: