Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karter43

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong..... Reply with quote

I wanted to port and polish the intake and exhaust on my Briggs for a little better performance. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Yamahas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the kart. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK. After running the kart and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the kart back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Yamahas so he doesn't know much about Briggs & Stratton.
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the spark plug out and fill the chamber full of SILLY PUTTY, then take the biggest Shop VAC you have and hook it up to the exhaust side "That way you get more FLOW". This will fill and smooth out any imperfections! If you need any more help please feel free to contact the New formed China Corporation for they are the experts now on Flat heads.
Doc Twisted Evil
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
Dirttracker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UUMM ! Get a new buddy?
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve: That's what I like about you. Out of the box thinking that keeps you at the back of the pack. Keep it up; we can all benefit from these lessons.

DK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: