Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rookie Plates and Numbers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASK123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Rookie Plates and Numbers? Reply with quote

Just a question about the Rookie Plate requirement, Can you clarify the voted rule stated in the the monthly meeting minutes?

As well as the Number plate issuing.
lisaann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennis

anyone who is a rookie or moving up from a junior class must have a orange liscene plate with black number and a X on the helmet and also start in the back for 3 races. As far as #s go its usually goes that who ever as been in the class the longest gets to keep there number
ljewell73@msn.com
ASK123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that makes sense, Not that it affects me or mine but if you are a 8 yr old and race for 4 years and move to Jr II, you start at the back again?

IKF states that you are only a rookie Once.

A driver moving up after 4 years of racing would face a definite disadvantage in running the first 3 races in the back. Your ruling states that a Duffy winner moving up would start at the back with an Orange plate and an 'X'? I don't think so. Part of the 'Three Punch Rule' is to prevent any Rookie from participating in Nationals. Three races-Rookie Be Gone- unless there is another rule that supersedes this.

This is covered in 2009 rules 104.8 pp28.

Not raising a fuss here, but some may be affected by this.

Although if I don't get a haircut, I am in violation of 104.11
chill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know that this is a futile rule to inforce and will be ignored. It has not been used in the past and shouldn't be used now or in the future. How are you going to inforce visitors from other tracks that have moved up? Are you going to make a Jr. I regional champion or even a NATIONAL CHAMPION wear a rookie plate and rookie markings on their helmet when they move up to Jr. II? I understand that I wasn't at the meeting last Tuesday due to health problems but for the future of Karting this club rule needs to be rescinded. It is my understanding that IKF may be suggesting this ludicrous rule yet it is not in their rulebook and it never should be part of our club rules.

There is a fine line between fun and stitches!
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean that last years JR2 driver now running adult, has to have a Rookie plate and an X. Wow if that's true, Rowdy you better go buy some orange Duct tape to cover up all the plates on your kartS.
How about a using the Orange duct tape for the X on the back of your helmet to give Dakota something to aim for.
Austin look at it this way, if they want to enforce it you can always say "BUT I AM JUST ROOKIE, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!"
LOL
Twisted Evil
This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in long time.
Now I could understand, going from Kid kart to JR1 but not any others.
JMO
Doc
Twisted Evil
By the way I missed the meeting on Tuesday, due to being out of town! College visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
ab79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I really don't think it is needed that I cover up my nice helmet with tape.
But does this mean that since I am running three classes, and you only need three races, I can finish up being a rookie next weekend Question
Can I get the rookie of the year award again Question
Is this a club rule Question
And to finish being an IKF rookie, does it take three races, or three IKF races to become a regular driver. I thought that you had to compete in three IKF races to finish being a rookie, or am I mistaking.
integrityracing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clear things up for you, if a RJ1 is moving up to a RJII he/she does not need to start in the back, or have a orange number panel. Its up to the Parent if they want them to start in the back. As far as numbers, if the RJI that is moving up has the same number as a racer in the RJII then the RJII has priority and keeps the number, the one that moved up needs to find a new number.
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Tyler Weldon has moved into the JRII age group, It would be interesting to tell him he had to remove his Gold Plate and replace it with an Orange Plate for 3 races!! Embarassed Embarassed

Then on his fourth race he would be able to put his Gold plate back on. He would be the only one in history to go directly from Rookie to Expert in only 3 events!! Shocked

Food for Thought.
integrityracing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who told him he had to remove it? Moving to a higher class doesnt make you a rookie again, and if you have won a duffy why would you want to remove your gold plate? Your a National Champion!!
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. And in Tylers case, a two time Duffy winner. (thus the Gold plate)

P.S. This is a first-Jimmy and I actually agree on something. I knew it would be a cold day in H*ll when that happened, maby thats why its snowing outside! Laughing
ab79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless of course he moves up to Adult after being an Expert in Jr. 1 or Jr. 2, he would have to go to a regular white number plate.
ASK123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, Austin, I see you have done your homework as far as the rule-book.

Sometimes the book is tricky, to get back to a white plate after attained age of 16, I had to refer to four different rules to get that answer.

The funny thing is that the Rookie status rule of 104.8 is exactly the same in my 1997 rule-book, hasn't changed in 12 years. Its identical, word for word. Lets see, Austin-You were 3 years old then, did you start reading early or you been paying attention in school as of late?

Good Work
Pat Barr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin may be showing his natural ability towards becoming a lawyer. Good thing his dad is saving for college Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> IKF/Local Informational Posts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: