Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question from Cruces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3jt wrench

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Question from Cruces Reply with quote

Ok, I'm planning coming to race just want to be on the right page when I get there. My wife will be running open so i'll need to weight and a little help on wedge rules (IKF or Unlimited All-Stars). The Engine is a K-95 reed jet with 114cc displacement on Alky.
champagneracing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under UAS rules.

Rotary valve or Reed valve Two-Stroke Cycle Engine or Engines, 230 lbs plus one pound for each cc or fraction of a cc. Multiple engines or cylinders are permissible. 210 cc maximum total displacement.

(So for your kart 334lbs. )

Body Work and Dimensions

a. Opaque body work is to fall within the following parameters; the highest point of any body work is 30 inches measured upward from the ground at the rear axle. It may extend backward at that height as far back as the rear bumper. It is to fall under an imaginary line that begins 30 inches above the ground at the rear axle to the center of the front axle center line. Side boards may extend above that line provided they are made of clear/transparent material that is known not to be prone to shattering. Nose pieces are exempt from these dimensions and may be blended to t body side boards. External body skin must be made from plastic or a composite material. No sheet metal is to be used to fabricate external body skin.

b. No portion of a kart may stick out or protrude in such a way as to get caught on another kart or create a hazard in the event of contact between the karts.

c. All body work, fairings, wings spoilers, etc. must be located in such a manner that it will not trap the driver in the kart in the case of a mishap.
Clarification of UAS Body Work Policy

When body rules first became a consideration of the UAS rules it was solely for the purpose of safety. Since the IKF had the most permissive rules that were accepted by insurance companies, those rules were adopted as guidelines for safe construction. The UAS parts company with the IKF in regards to regulating the level of performance.

To summarize the most important points of the bodywork guidelines;

1. Generally speaking the highest portion of the kart body side panels is no more than 30” from the ground at the rear axle. The body panels may extend rearward no further than the rear bumper. The body panels should fall under an imaginary line drawn from 30 inches above the rear axle to the center of the front axle. It should be noted that some variation from this line is permissible as long as it does not block the vision of the driver, and that is the most important consideration of this guideline.

2. Body skin may not be made from any type of sheet metal or material known to be prone to shattering. Sharp edges are not permitted no matter what material is used for body work.

3. Nose pieces, front wings, fairings are to be designed in such a way that they do not block the driver’s vision or trap the driver in the kart in the case of a mishap, or create a hazard for other drivers.

4. Attention is to be paid to the leading edges of the nose piece and sides to insure that no part sticks out in such a way that it can get easily get caught on another competitors kart.

5. Support posts, spars, braces, etc. are to be made and attached in such a way that they can not puncture a driver in the case of impact with another kart.

6. The race track promoter has the final say regarding the body work that he permits on his/her race track.

The big difference from UAS and IKF is 30 inche tall side boards for UAS and IKF from last years rule book if memory serves me right is 26 inches.
vinc3nt trujillo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3jt wrench
Hey just to answer our question briefly we run under IKF rules, I will check the IKF rule book for the excate rules you will need to know. Wil post shortly.
Crew Chief #51
vinc3nt trujillo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3jt wrench
Ya just wanted to see if you can give me a call. My number is under contacts
Crew Chief #51
Don Kruse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks:

I submit; because our open class is pretty much an exhibition class, A.S.K. should welcome these folks to run without modification to their karts. Use the IKF weight for class and let the mods for the wings go. They also have Star 4-strokes that can run the open class. Let them compete as well.

DK
vinc3nt trujillo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey just wanted to let you know that we have already extended our hand out.
More karts more fun Razz
Crew Chief #51
3jt wrench

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I still might lower the wedge. (That will give cameras a view of more than just the back of the kart Very Happy Ok I've been doing a little thinking. I have another chassis in the garage (that our daughter thought she was off road racing in and drove up the light pole in turn four, she got a LOT of air (her and the kart) and earned herself a helicopter ride, another words I'm going to wait a while before i let her drive again) and I have a few yamahas in the garage too. What does super box run besides a 4 hole can. Can I run a jackshaft with clutch or do I have to have an engine clutch. Confused
ASK123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPECS:

-YAMAHA KT 100
-SSX-V CAN MUFFLER-(4 HOLE OPPOSED)
-ENGINE MOUNTED CLUTCH-NO SHAFT MOUNTS
-GAS/OIL
-360 POUND MINIMUM WEIGHT-CAR + DRIVER
-ANY TIRE
-AGE 16 PLUS-(IKF-OPTION YEAR RULE APPLIES)
3jt wrench

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can run a jackshaft but have to run engine clutch. Does this class require an air box?
BedRock Racing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Jack shafts! Sorry
If you looked at our stuff in Cruces, that's what we run except no pipe. Has to be the four hole can. We run K&N with prefilters, no air box.
Doc Twisted Evil
BedRock Racing #22
EMP Member
Semper Fi
If the Kart is Spinning, don't worry I'm just pracitcing my Victory Celebration that will come someday!
3jt wrench

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now I've got it, all I need to do is check and see if I have the right can and put one of those messy leaky wet clutches on Crying or Very sad . I know I have jr cans not sure about the 4 hole. Any one have a jr 1 carb, thinking about running my son in the 2 cycle there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: