Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index Albuquerque Speedway Karting
ASK tries to keep this a user friendly site. The site management team can and will delete or ban any posts or users deemed non-constructive.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update Harli White I-44 Speedway, Oklahoma City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Sprints and Minis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky4566

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Update Harli White I-44 Speedway, Oklahoma City Reply with quote

I received this email from the President of the Colorado 1200 Outlaws, a Mini Sprint Club

Good morning to all of you, I thought I'd drop an email to you in case you hadn't seen/read this story (see below).

The eyewitness report I received, was that not only did the car NOT have a bladder in the tank (which ruptured upon impact), but that there was NO fire safety crew on site, and there was only one fire extinguisher in the infield of I-44 Speedway. If it hadn't been for the brave actions of Donnie Ray Crawford and another driver (they jumped out of their cars to rescue her), this young lady might not have survived.

As the leaders of your associations, it's something to REALLY think about. I posted this article on my site www.minisprintracing.com this morning.

ATTENTION...
I received a phone call about this a week or so ago, but I hadn't been able to find out much info until today. The fuel tank used on the car did not have a bladder.

Okla. Girl Suffers Severe Burns In Speedway Crash
POSTED: 9:48 pm CDT April 6, 2008
UPDATED: 11:32 am CDT April 7, 2008

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A 12-year-old Oklahoma girl has been taken to a Texas burn center after a fiery crash at a speedway on Saturday.

More: Young Racer Burned In Crash

Harli White, of Lindsay, was racing a mini sprint car at the I-44 Speedway in southwest Oklahoma City, authorities said, when she crashed.

"It flipped, and then it just caught on fire," a witness told Eyewitness News 5.

Because of a steering wheel that would not budge, White was trapped in the burning car for several minutes, authorities said. By the time she was extricated from the car, she had suffered third-degree burns over half her body, from her neck down.

Saturday's race was White's first, and her family said she had been practicing for quite awhile, looking forward to getting out on a track. Her father has been an active racer throughout the state for the past couple of years.

Members of White's church, the First Baptist Church in Lindsay, are praying for her.

"I have just the most confident faith that God's going to pull Harli through this, and that she's going to be OK," said the Rev. Randy Allen, White's pastor.

After being taken to the OU Medical Center initially, she was transferred to a burn center in Galveston, Texas. White has already had one skin-graft surgery and faces many more over the next couple of months, authorities said.

The address to send cards and flowers is:
Harli White
Shriner Burn Center
815 Market St.
Galveston, Texas

The address to donate to the family is:
Harli White
P.O. Box 158
Lindsay, Okla.

Alan Davis - webmaster www.elpasocountyspeedway.com
www.minisprintracing.com , www.usoma.com & www.1200outlaws.com
Pres. - Colorado 1200 Outlaws
719-683-5638
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albuquerque Speedway Karting Forum Index -> Sprints and Minis All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: